Summer Reading List
When I was a kid, I dreaded the words "summer reading list." I didn't like to read and I especially didn't like to read books that weren't about horses. I pushed through with a little help from my friend Cliff and his notes. Over time I developed a love for books, especially since I get to choose what I am going to read. While "beach reads" tend to take center stage during the summer, I like to mix things up a little because non-fiction tends to be my preference. So, here is the list of books I want to read this summer. It's a realistic list of about a book a week until school starts. I have curated the list into one easy shopping link HERE.
I am going to begin the list with the 90 day devotional I am going to do this summer. It is written by a fabulous NC author and my hope is to continue to grow my faith while also staying rooted in what matters this summer.
1. Be Still by Cleere Cherry Reaves
Next up is a couple of personal development books. I don't like to read too many of these but I do like to throw one in the rotation every month or two. The two I have chosen have come highly recommend and both have great reviews.
2. The 5 Second Rule by Mel Robbins
3. What Confident Women Do by Kate Richardson
Three classics from my youth (I even loved these back when I didn't like to read) that I plan to re-read this summer.
4. Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
5. In Cold Blood by Truman Capote
6. Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier
On to my non-fiction! I have just started the first one so stay tuned for a review coming soon but so far I can not put it down!
7. I'm Glad my Mom Died by Jennette McCurdy
8. 6 Miles to Charleston by Bruce Orr
9. The Escape Artist by Jonathan Freedland
And last but certainly not least, my fiction list! While I have already read the first one on my list, it is the perfect summer read!
10. The Summer of Songbirds by Kristy Woodson Harvey
11. Girls and Their Horses by Eliza Jane Brazier
12. The Boys from Biloxi by John Grisham
13. The Secret Book of Flora Lea by Patti Callahan Henry
14. It Starts with Us by Colleen Hoover
15. It Ends with Us by Colleen Hoover
I hope your summer is filled with lots of quiet afternoons on the porch, sunny days with toes in the sand, and poolside relaxing. All with a book in hand.
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on a link and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.